ChrisCustomKicks Leather Paint is a highly concentrated and flexible paint designed to adhere to leather and other surfaces that require strong adhesion. The Thermal Series is a unique line of heat sensitive paint that will transform into 3 completely different colors many times over depending on the surface temperature.
- Airbrush ready right out of the bottle , but can also be applied with a paint brush.
- Completely water proof when dry and will not crack or peel when applied correctly.
- Perfect for surfaces that bend and flex like sneakers, purses, canvas, etc...
- Triple Thermal series color transition happens at 82F & 95 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rust Red at temperatures below 82F, Yellow at temperatures between 82F & 95F, Lime Green at temperatures above 95F.
For Example - If applied to a pair of sneakers ,the paint will be Yellow when walking outside on a hot 85F summer day. Then, when you walk into a cool air conditioned store, you will see the sneakers transition from Yellow to Rust Red right before your eyes because of the change in temperature!
- Can be applied with a paint brush or airbrush. Operate airbrush at 35-50 PSI with a 0.5mm tip recommended.
- Shake well before using. Contents may settle when stored for prolonged periods of time.
- Wipe down surface with acetone prior to painting to promote adhesion.
- Apply light and even coats for best results.
- Allow each coat to dry completely before adding the next coat. Will require 5-6 coats for full coverage.
- Colors will be the most vibrant when applied to a white base coat. Darker base coats will require more coats of paint to get a bright color.
- 2 layers of finisher/clear coat are highly recommended to protect the final product.
- Allow the painted surface to dry for minimum of 24 - 48 hours before use.
- Can switch colors thousands of times. Long term exposure to harsh sunlight can degrade the color changing properties over time.
- All orders will be processed and shipped within 2 business days.